Inspiring lifelong leaders
Chatham Charter was among the first group of schools in North Carolina to receive a charter in 1996 after having been founded in 1993 as Chatham Academy, a private K-8 school. A high school expansion opened in the fall of 2013. As a K-12 public charter school, Chatham Charter focuses on college readiness with strong instructional technology integration.
Enrollment increased from 126 in 1997 to over 560 by 2019. The 85+ acre campus is home to three buildings, one of which includes a gym, and a set of outdoor athletic facilities used by sports with multiple middle and high school teams.
Our Mission & Vision
Chatham Charter School will establish and maintain a challenging learning environment that respects the individual learners and prepares students to succeed in a globally competitive society.
Students will become self-directed, achieve academic excellence, and develop the personal values and responsibilities necessary to become globally competitive citizens in a rapidly changing world.
- Among the first group of 100 schools in North Carolina to receive a charter in 1996
- Chatham Charter School has been a nationally accredited school since 2006
- Enrollment increased from 126 in 1997 to 315 in 2011 and to over 550 in 2016
- Diverse student population in elementary, middle, and high school
- 85-acre campus
- Middle school opened in 2008 in a separate building
- Three buildings including an air-conditioned gym with a mezzanine
- Modern and well-equipped gymnasium completed in 2010
- High school expansion opened in 2013
- Gym addition, two campus soccer fields, and a softball field added in 2019
- 25th Anniversary page
Chatham Charter has been an accredited school since 2006, most recently going through the reaccreditation process in 2021 through Cognia. Accreditation demonstrates the school's dedication to continuous improvement. The Board of Directors, administration, and staff are committed to serving students at a level that is consistent with national standards of excellence.
Chatham Charter School administers all education programs, employment activities, and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, or other legally-protected classification.